Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Back From the Dead


I’ve decided to revive this blog. I recently returned to Manchester after living in Australia for a year and then travelling in Asia and America for two months. I’m now in a situation where I have no job, am living at home with my mum, and am having to think about what to do next, make some decisions, and plan for the future a bit. I wanted an outlet to document my progress, and post any photos and drawings along the way.

I have a few little projects on the go. I am half way through an attempt to be vegan for four weeks. I am attempting to read fifty books this year. I have a work placement arranged for August that I am hoping will give me a bit of a boost in employability, as well as giving me a chance to contribute to the community. I am trying to be draw, paint, and create more, with a view to maybe using this as a source of income in the future. 

I'm also in the process of a BIG project in that I'll be moving to the U.S. in a few months. Vince and I are waiting for the visa to be processed, which may take a long time but I'm estimating I'll be ready to go in January 2014!

I will write about these things in more detail as I go. For now here’s a quick doodly illustration. I am very out of practice. While I was away I found it far too easy to excuse my lack of drawing/painting due to lack of space/materials/scanner, but I want to get back into the swing of things this year.


No comments: